This guitar was handmade in the late 70s at Morris’ Matsumoku workshop in Japan. A fantastic Square Shoulder Vintage Acoustic of utmost quality and in excellent condition. 3 piece back with many detailed features on this gorgeous and superb sounding guitar.
The Morris W-50 is one of the top line models built by Morris during the famous high-quality era of Japan. Expert quality construction with premium aged woods that provide a perfect combination for amazing tone that is also aesthetically gorgeous.
This W-50 features:
- All solid wood construction
- Top: Ezo Spruce – beautifully grained spruce accented with 4-ply binding and inlaid with abalone and a matching rosette.
- Sides: Rosewood
- Back : 3-piece rosewood/maple/rosewood with multicolored purling.
- Neck: Mahogany with a “V” profile
- Fretboard : bound rosewood with mother of pearl inlays
- Bridge: Rosewood – very clean with no lifting or bellying,
- Headstock : original Morris branded, bound and handsomely decorated with an abalone TF Morris logo.
- Tuners: Gotoh tuning machines function perfectly
- This guitar is in amazing condition. Setup with Low action for easy play, intonation spot on and sounds great along the entire fretboard.
- An excellent response and a rich, deep tonality and a full spectrum of sound,
- The guitar exhibits only a very few, hardly noticeable dings and just a very few almost indiscernible handling marks.
- This is a super opportunity to own a great MXXXXX-inspired flat top at a fraction of what an original one will cost.
- This guitar is guaranteed to please even the pickiest of players and amaze you with its tone and comfort.
It has just been set up for optimal tone and playability. The action is smooth and the intonation is great all along the board.
Most importantly guitar doesn’t have any structural problems. Its neck is straight, fingerboard and frets shine and in great shape.