- Specially voiced acoustic instrument preamp with 4-band EQ
- High-quality Roland reverb, chorus and anti-feedback effects
- Innovative “Acoustic” effect uses separate “Body” and “Ambience” controls to turn the brittle, sterile sounds of a piezo pickup into the rich, “airy” sound of a miked acoustic guitar
- Separate piezo and magnetic pickup inputs
- 1/4″ effects insert jack
- Stereo 1/4″ unbalanced and balanced XLR outputs
- Preamp and effects can be bypassed for use as a dedicated DI box
New “Acoustic” Function
The AD-5 offers newly-developed acoustic processing that enhances the sound from electronic sources such as an electric-acoustic guitar’s pickup. The resulting sound has the full-bodied richness and warmth of that traditionally captured by microphones placed near an acoustic guitar.
Handles Both Piezo and Magnetic Pickups
The unit comes with separate dedicated jacks for input from piezoelectric and magnetic pickups. With the AD-5, you can mix the input of both pickups.
The AD-5 offers an onboard preamplifier equipped with a four-band (including an ultra-high frequency “presence” band) equalizer. This equalization really comes in handy when you need to adjust the tone of the sound produced by a pickup that has no tone controls of its own.
Chorus and Reverb Customized Exclusively for Acoustic Guitar
Since the unit is designed so signals are divided
into separate frequency ranges, Chorus can be
applied independently to the bass and treble ranges.
Moreover, the Reverb has been newly designed so
it is optimized for acoustic guitar sounds.
Additionally, you can use a footswitch connected
to the Remote jack to switch Chorus and Reverb on
An anti-feedback function is included, virtually
Also provides balanced output, making it possible
for you to connect directly to PA systems.
Insert Jack Offers Greater Sound Creation Possibilities
An insertion jack specifically for external effects is
included with the AD-5, allowing you to use it in
conjunction with other effects devices.